Dig In

As many before me, I often vacillate between two extremes in fish/reef keeping.

On the one hand I look at the tank and figure that I could do so much more with a bigger tank. I imagine having a nice 120 or 180 display plumbed through the wall into a proper fish room. A real skimmer, a real dosing system, a controller. All the things that I can't really fit into a BioCube (which is a lot).

On the other hand- I often feel I don't have time to do maintenance on this little tank, and the tank suffers. That isn't really the case, obviously. I do have time, it's just a matter of where my time goes. More often than not a lazy video game evening, bass practice, errands, a movie, or chores take precedence (and all of those things are constantly battling each other for attention too).

I find it strange to be simultaneously planning the next step (bigger) in the hobby while I think about how hard it would be to sell all my stuff, and whether I really want the hassle of a tank. I suspect, since even the infamous chingchai has considered dropping the hobby, that this is just par for the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment